Chrome OS is widely used by users who have average computer specifications. One of the advantages is the ability to save documents and scan documents directly to a computer. Basically, executing this function is very easy, just like running any other job on Chromebook device.
Then, how to scan from HP Printer to Chromebook? In this article, we will explain the simple steps for how to scan a document through a printer or scanner on a Chromebook.
How To Add A Printer Or Scanner To A Chromebook
As a first step to taking advantage of this capability, you’ll need to add a printer or scanner to your Chromebook. Suppose your printer or maybe a scanner is not installed yet on your device, then you must first connect your scanner or printer to your Chromebook device. The steps are:
- Click the ‘Clock’ icon in the lower right corner
- Select the ‘Settings’ option
- Once the Settings window opens, scroll down and click on ‘Advanced’ Options
- Next, scroll down again and find the ‘Printing’ section, then click on the ‘Printer’ option
- If the Chromebook has detected your printer or scanner device, then in the printer section, the Chromebook will display your printer and it can be used. However, if your printer is not listed yet, click the ‘Add Printer’ option
- After you click the Add printer option, enter the details relevant to the printer or scanner device you are using
- Then click the ‘Add’ button
- After all that, your printer or scanner device is connected to your Chromebook and can start using it.
How To Scan Documents From HP Printer Devices On Chromebook
How to scan from HP Printer to Chromebook devices? Well here, you can try to run two different methods, using Chrome OS settings or the Webscan feature over a network connection.
The two methods basically have different procedures. The Chrome OS setup method will provide a direct feature for scanning documents, while the Webscan feature will go through a longer process to be able to scan.
1. Scan method from Chromebook device
The first method to do a scan on a Chromebook, the steps:
- Click the ‘Clock’ icon located in the lower right corner
- Then, select the ‘Settings’ menu icon
- After going into the Settings menu, in the Settings window, scroll down and find the ‘Advanced’ option
- The next step, in the ‘Print and Scan’ section, find and click the ‘Scan’ button
- In this step, you will be asked to select the printer you are using
- If you want to make other changes, go to the ‘More Settings’ option
- When finished with the steps above, press the ‘Scan’ button
2. Using Webscan to Scan Documents on Chromebook
The next method for how to scan with an HP Printer on Chromebook is to use Webscan. Basically, in this method, you do not need any software program to do that. You can scan documents or images over a network connection by taking advantages of the Webscan feature if you have an HP printer with scan capabilities.
- The first step is to place the original that you want to scan in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or on the scanner glass. However, if what you want to scan is an image or photo, make sure you don’t place it in the ADF or printer.
- Next, examine your network connection because your computer devices and printer must be on one line network (the same network)
- After that, enter the HP Smart app and go to advanced settings or EWS
- You can also enter the printer’s IP address into the address bar of the browser
- Through the EWS advanced settings, enter the required details to complete the access
- Then, if the security certificate of website window is displayed, select the Continue option, and you will go to the homepage of the printer
- If you are prompted to log in, you can enter the username with ‘admin,’ and for the password, you can find it on the label located on the back of the printer kit or on the bottom or use the password that has been set by the administrator.
- Next, hit the Scan option
- Switch to Security Administrator Settings if the scanning feature is not enabled
- If a secure web page (HTTPS-enabled) is requested of you, choose OK or just click the Redirect to HTTPS option.
- If you get the message that indicates non-private connection, then all you have to do is select Advanced then continue to the IP address of the printer.
- You will be moved to Administrator Settings
- In the option at Administrator Settings, you will find a tab option located next to Webscan from EWS
- When finished, then select the Apply and OK buttons sequentially
- Then, return to the ‘Scan’ menu
- Open the ‘Preferences’ menu to start scanning
- Finally, select the Start Scan option
That’s all you need to know for how to scan from HP Printer to Chromebook. If you still have problems to scan from your HP printer to Chromebook, you can find support and customer service options to help with your HP printer problems on the official HP support website.
Images Source: CNET.com