Error code 13.20.00 HP printer “Jam in the top cover area”, what is that mean? It means either there’s a censor blocked or the model fuser installed is an incorrect one. The most common to decipher is that it’s a paper jam underneath the toner. A common question for any trouble is, How to Fix HP Printer Error 13.20.00, and we shall answer you.
The Paper Underneath The Toner
Paper jam is clogged underneath the toner, you will need to pull the toner cartridges out and check if there’s any paper stuck in there.
- If the area is indeed cleaned then you can take a thin cardboard -something like a manila folder of some kind- then you trim it to the size of 8 ½” by 11”.
- Then you will need to turn the power unplug the power cord then remove tray 2, then you feed the manilla folder gently into the paper path of the said tray 2, but before that, you will need to pull off the toner first so that you will not damage it.
- Then after you proceed with the manilla tips, It is supposed for you to try and knock loose or in other words, clear any small objects that are in there, maybe like pieces of small bits of paper or staples.
- You need to run the manilla folder up and down to make sure that the paper path is clear and don’t have any obstacle preventing your printer to function properly.
- When you make sure it’s done, reinstall tray 2 again and you can check your printer if it works.
Sometimes when you do the manilla paper tips, you can accidentally flip the sensor out of place or the sensor can easily get snapped out of its place for numerous reasons, that’s part of the charm of troubleshooting and figuring out How to Fix HP Printer Error 13.20.00.
- The point is, you will need the little black plastic that sits near the registration assembly and near the front middle which is the sensor, to reach it, you need to open tray 2 and the toner and open tray 1 then you need to gently, yes, gently open and remove the envelope cover.
- Then after the envelope cover is removed, you will see a flap, which if you put pressure on it, it will fold up then you need to tape that part to the up position to clear your view of which sensor we’re trying to see.
- Once you’re done tapping it, you can see the registration assembly we’re talking about and the little black plastic that sits near it. That is the sensor and you need to check the position of that plastic or the actuator if it looks stuck, you will need to slide it back to place.
- You can use a flat-headed screwdriver and gently pull to the side close to you (if you facing the printer) and put a bit, just a bit of pressure until you can feel and see that the sensor sprung back to place.
- When it truly sprung back, you can test if the sensor will go back and forth when you put pressure on it with the screwdriver, if it is then it is what we want the sensor in.
- Put everything back in its place, pull off the tape securing the part holding the envelope cover, then put tray 1 back again, then put the toner back in as well as tray 2 and you power on the printer then wait until the printer booting, the problem solver work when the screen says “Ready”.
All today’s work and the error of the 13.20.00 HP printer still remain, then you need to check if you already installed the correct fuser in the printer model. NOTE, HP made 3 different fuser models that look the same, and identical, but the downside is that the model is not so identical because it is not compatible with other printer models.
The funny thing about the fuser design, it has the same outlook design but completely different inner wiring, so in any case, if you installed the wrong fuser on the wrong model, you will get the message error, thus landing us in this article about How to Fix HP Printer Error 13.20.00.
So that being said, the fuser is a part of the printer that is pretty much consumable, which HP sold as a “maintenance kit” and will be expected to be replaced in the course of the printer’s life. Fuser will need to be replaced between 150,000 to 200,000 pages, that’s what HP estimated but sometime it can fail earlier than expected, depending on the printer.
In conclusion, check for paper jam, check the sensor then check the fuser. You will need to pay attention and maintain your printer regularly. If it doesn’t work, there’s always HP’s costumer service that is ready to help. You can find support and customer service options to help with your HP Printer problem’s in Official HP Support Website.
Read Also: How to Fix HP Printer Error 0XC19A0023.
Images Source: Amazon and YouTube.com/Jay Groh